Gas South District Gets Bigger and Better
Gas South District Gets Bigger and Better
Major new developments are providing meeting planners with more opportunities to explore Gwinnett County, Ga., for their next events. The expansion of Gas South Convention Center and addition of a new headquarters hotel in the Gas South District highlight the dedication of the destination to host meaningful and productive events of all kinds. The additions, coupled with the existing top-notch amenities and convenient location, are sure to impress both event organizers and their attendees.
Gas South Convention Center, one of the most impressive facilities in the metropolitan Atlanta region, is undergoing upgrades and expansion to further establish it as a state-of-the-art facility with impressive audiovisual equipment and elite amenities. The project is part of a larger master plan slated to be completed by December 2022.
Already in full swing, the renovations and additions will provide greater flexibility to host:
- B2B trade shows
- Consumer shows
- Corporate meetings
- Association conventions
- Faith-based gatherings
- Galas and receptions
- Sporting competitions
- Other special events
With meeting spaces vast and intimate, the new and improved Gas South Convention Center, as well as the surrounding Gas South District, can accommodate whatever needs a meeting planner has.
About Gas South District
Gas South District, a 118-acre campus in Duluth, Ga., can accommodate a variety of events, from concerts, performances, meetings to trade shows, conventions, banquets and celebrations. The multipurpose campus includes:
- A top-notch 13,000-seat arena (Gas South Arena)
- An intimate 708-seat theater (Gas South Theater)
- A 90,000-sq.-ft. exhibit hall, 23 versatile meeting rooms, and a 21,600 sq-ft ballroom (Gas South Convention Center)
The campus, operated by the Gwinnett CVB, has hosted an impressive array of events. These include sports like the NCAA Women’s Gymnastics Championships, ECHL’s Atlanta Gladiators and NLL’s Georgia Swarm; concerts featuring Carrie Underwood, Justin Timberlake, Romeo Santos, Red Hot Chili Peppers, George Strait, Eric Clapton, Enrique Iglesias and Pitbull, and Beyoncé; and special events like Gwinnett Ballet Theatre’s presentation of The Nutcracker, Japan Fest, Disney On Ice and Orange Conference.
Staff operating the facilities are experienced industry professionals who have flawlessly executed countless meetings and events. Award-winning on-site vendors include Proof of the Pudding (catering), ON Site (audiovisual) and Cherry Convention Services Inc.
The master plan is ambitious to meet needs of meeting planners with the highest expectations. New exhibit space and meeting rooms will double the events space within Gas South Convention Center. Other highlights include:
- Completion of the 11-story, Westin Atlanta Gwinnett Hotel that will feature ballroom, meeting and prefunction space; three restaurants; lobby and rooftop bars; a coffee shop; an indoor pool; a fitness center; and an outdoor fire pit, among other amenities
- Development of a surrounding entertainment district, providing meal, retail and nightlife options within walking distance of meetings and conventions
- Improved walkability options outside the meeting facilities
- Upgraded fixtures and furniture within the convention center to provide a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere to conduct business
- New seven-level parking deck to hold 2,400 vehicles
Phase one, including new exhibit hall space, four new meeting rooms and a Junior Ballroom is nearing completion. Varying in size from 1,000 square feet up to 24,000 square feet. The new meeting rooms include built-in screens, projectors and audio systems to accommodate a variety of event needs.
Gas South District, a GBAC-Star accredited facility, has also implemented health and wellness procedures to ensure the well-being of all attendees. Hosting safe and productive meetings is the top priority for the entire staff.
The second phase of upgrades, including a 21,600-sq.-ft. Grand Ballroom and a gourmet food hall is scheduled for completion by the end of 2022.
Live updates of the work are available here.
Gas South District is an attractive and easy-to-reach destination for regional and national events. It is located less than an hour’s drive from the world’s most-trafficked airport, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. Many attendees can travel nonstop to events here.
The convention campus is also directly accessible from Interstate 85, a considerable convenience for drive-in events and conferences drawing from primarily the Southeastern United States.
Gas South District is also notable for its options nearby.
- Several hotels are within 1 mile of the campus.
- Many more, of all price points, are located within Duluth and Gwinnett County.
- From Southern delights to authentic Asian cuisine, you'll find fantastic food around Gas South District and throughout Gwinnett County.
- Sugarloaf Mills Mall is only a mile away from the convention campus.
The Best Is Yet to Come
Between Gas South Arena, Gas South Convention Center and the other on-site venues, Gas South District is no stranger to hosting major events. The upgrades and expansions are only going to give more options to meeting planners.
From intimate boardroom meetings to conventions attracting thousands of attendees, Gas South District is ready to host a variety of events. The future is exciting, and not just because of the projects ahead of us.
The energy we thrive on comes from the prospect of hosting your event in our improved setting. See for yourself what makes Gas South District the ideal destination to bring your next meeting, convention, trade show or other event.
Experience the difference at Gas South District.